When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Xalkori include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a capsule. It is normally taken by mouth twice daily.
- You can take Xalkori with or without food.
- The capsules should be swallowed whole; do not open, crush, or dissolve them.
- You should avoid drinking grapefruit juice while taking this medicine, unless your healthcare provider tells you otherwise.
- Try to take your doses at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- For Xalkori to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Xalkori your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on how well you tolerate the medication. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Xalkori Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of XalkoriJust like any medicine, Xalkori can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Xalkori include but are not limited to:
(Click Xalkori Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)