Lung Cancer Home > Toposar
Side Effects of ToposarJust like any medicine, Toposar can cause side effects. As with other chemotherapy medicines, the side effects can be significant and potentially serious. In fact, most people will experience some type of Toposar side effect during treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about ways to prevent or lessen reactions to this drug.
- Low blood cell counts
- Nausea and vomiting
- Hair loss (alopecia)
- Loss of appetite.
Drug InteractionsToposar may react with a number of other medicines (see Toposar Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medication if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- An infection of any kind
- Anemia (low red blood cells)
- Been told you have low albumin levels (hypoalbuminemia)
- Bone marrow problems
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Toposar and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Toposar and Breastfeeding).