Lung Cancer Home > Toposar
When and How to Use ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Toposar include the following:
- Toposar comes as a solution that is given as an intravenous (IV) infusion (a slow injection into a vein). It is usually given once a day or every other day for up to five days, followed by a three- to four-week break.
- This medication is given in combination with other chemotherapy medicines.
- Toposar is given slowly, over at least 30 to 60 minutes.
- You will receive your injection by a trained healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a hospital or clinic.
- Your healthcare provider may recommend you take certain other medications before your infusion to help prevent certain Toposar side effects.
- Toposar solution can irritate the skin. If the medicine accidentally comes in contact with the skin, wash it off immediately with soap and water.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. It is important to keep your appointments to receive Toposar, as the medicine works best if given on schedule. However, you may need to miss a dose if you experience certain potentially serious side effects.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Toposar your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your height and weight
- The type of cancer you have
- How well you tolerate the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.