Lung Cancer Home > Tarceva
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is normally taken by mouth once a day.
- Tarceva should be taken on an empty stomach, at least one hour before or two hours after food.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit while taking this medicine.
- Try to take your dose at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- For Tarceva to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- Why you are using the medication
- How well you tolerate it
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may take.
Side Effects of TarcevaJust like any medicine, Tarceva can cause side effects. Although not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems, most people will experience side effects. If reactions do occur, in many cases, you or your healthcare provider can treat them. Serious problems are less common.