Lung Cancer Home > Redon

Were you looking for information about Radon? Redon is a common misspelling of radon.
 
Radon is a radioactive gas that is present in nearly all air. The gas, which is odorless, invisible, and tasteless, is released from the normal decay of uranium in rocks and soil. People who inhale high levels of radon are at an increased risk for developing lung cancer. The gas can enter homes through cracks in floors, walls, or foundations, and collect indoors. Tests are available to determine if a home has elevated radon levels.
 
(Click Radon to learn more about the problems associated with radon exposure and to find out how you can test for radon levels in your home.)
 
Written by/reviewed by:
Last reviewed by: Arthur Schoenstadt, MD
Last updated/reviewed:
List of references (click here):
Advertisement
Topics

Medications

Quicklinks

Related Channels

eMedTV Links
Copyright © 2006-2019 Clinaero, Inc.

eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.

This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.