Lung Cancer Home > Rayden

Were you looking for information about Radon? Rayden is a common misspelling of radon.
Radon is an invisible, odorless, and naturally occurring radioactive gas that is formed from the decay of uranium in rocks and soil. People breathe it in every day in low levels (as the gas is present in nearly all air), but long-term exposure to high levels of radon can lead to lung cancer. The levels of this gas can be higher in homes that are well insulated, tightly sealed, and/or built on uranium-rich soil. Numerous tests are available to check for elevated radon levels in a home.
(Click Radon for more information on the risks of long-term exposure and to find out what tests are available to check for radon levels in your home.)
Written by/reviewed by:
Last reviewed by: Arthur Schoenstadt, MD
Last updated/reviewed:
List of references (click here):



Related Channels

eMedTV Links
Copyright © 2006-2019 Clinaero, Inc.

eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.

This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.