Lung Cancer Home > Nicotrol NS Warnings and Precautions
It is important to not use any other nicotine products during treatment with Nicotrol NS. Doing so could cause a nicotine overdose, which could be quite serious. Other precautions with Nicotrol NS include warnings about possible drug interactions, medical conditions your healthcare provider needs to know about ahead of time, and when you should stop using this product.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Nicotrol® NS (nicotine nasal spray) if you have:
- Heart problems, including heart disease, chest pain (angina), or an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- Had a recent heart attack
- High blood pressure
- Nasal problems, such as allergies, rhinitis, sinusitis, or nasal polyps (growths)
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- A tumor of the adrenal gland
- An ulcer in the stomach or upper intestines (peptic ulcer)
- Blood vessel problems, such as Buerger's disease or Raynaud's phenomenon
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Lung disease, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or wheezing problems
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.