Lung Cancer Home > Nicorette Gum Warnings and Precautions
If you have diabetes or any heart problems, let your healthcare provider know before using Nicorette Gum. Warnings and precautions also include potential allergic reactions and finding out how smoking cessation can affect the way your body handles other medications you are taking. Also, you may not be able to use this product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Nicorette® Gum (nicotine gum) if you have:
- Heart problems, including heart disease, chest pain (angina), or an irregular heartbeat (heart arrhythmia)
- Had a recent heart attack
- High blood pressure
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- A tumor of the adrenal gland
- An ulcer in the stomach or upper intestines (peptic ulcer)
- Blood vessel problems, such as Buerger's disease or Raynaud's phenomenon
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Dietary restrictions, such as a low-sodium diet
- Problems with your mouth, jaw, or teeth
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant