Lung Cancer Home > Gemcitabine
Dosing InformationThe dose of gemcitabine your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The type of cancer being treated
- Your height and weight
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
Drug InteractionsGemcitabine can potentially interact with a few other medicines (see Drug Interactions With Gemcitabine).
What If I Take an Overdose of Gemcitabine?People who take too much gemcitabine may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Bone marrow depression (a decreased ability of the bone marrow to make blood cells)
- A severe rash
- Unusual sensations, such as burning or tingling.