Lung Cancer Home > Gemcitabine
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking gemcitabine if you have:
- A history of low levels of white blood cells in the blood (known medically as neutropenia)
- Any infection
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Gemzar and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Gemzar and Breastfeeding).