Lung Cancer Home > Etopophos
Side Effects of EtopophosJust like any chemotherapy medicine, Etopophos can cause side effects, some of which can be significant and potentially serious. In fact, most people will experience some type of side effect during treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about ways to prevent or lessen reactions to this drug.
- Low blood cell counts
- Weakness or lack of energy
- Nausea and vomiting
- Hair loss (alopecia)
- Loss of appetite.
Drug InteractionsEtopophos may react with a number of other medicines (see Etopophos Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medication if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- An infection of any kind
- Anemia (low red blood cells)
- Been told you have low albumin levels (hypoalbuminemia)
- Bone marrow problems
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Etopophos and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Etopophos and Breastfeeding).