Lung Cancer Home > Etopophos Overdose
It is unlikely that an overdose of Etopophos (etoposide phosphate) would occur; however, it can still happen if a dosage is miscalculated. Receiving too much of this drug may cause dangerous reactions, such as low blood pressure, bleeding, and infections. Treatment may consist of close monitoring and supportive care to treat any resulting effects.
Can You Receive Too Much Etopophos?Etopophos® (etoposide phosphate) is a prescription chemotherapy medication. As with any medicine, it is possible to overdose on this drug.
Symptoms of an OverdoseEtopophos is normally given by a healthcare provider in a healthcare setting. Therefore, an intentional overdose is unlikely to occur. However, an overdose could occur if too much of the medicine is unintentionally administered.
- Dangerously low blood cell counts, which could cause anemia, bleeding, and infections
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Mouth or throat sores, ulcers, or swelling
- Problems with coordination or movement
- Confusion or difficulty thinking
- Memory problems
- Vision problems