Lung Cancer Home > Etopophos Dosage
What Is the Recommended Dosage for Testicular Cancer?The usual dose of Etopophos for treating cancer of the testicles is highly individualized, and may range from the equivalent to 50 to 100 mg per m2 of etoposide once a day for five days to 100 mg per m2 of etoposide once a day every other day for three doses (days one, three, and five of a treatment cycle). People with kidney or liver disease are normally given lower amounts.
General Information on Using EtopophosSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Etopophos include the following:
- Etopophos comes as a powder that is mixed with liquid and given as a slow injection into a vein (an intravenous, or IV, infusion). It is usually given once a day or every other day for up to five days, followed by a three- to four-week break.
- This product is given in combination with other chemotherapy medicines.
- It can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 3.5 hours to receive your Etopophos dose.
- This medicine is given by a trained healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a hospital or clinic.
- Your healthcare provider may recommend you take certain other medicines before your infusion to help prevent certain Etopophos side effects.
- Etopophos can potentially irritate the skin. If the medicine accidentally comes into contact with the skin, wash it off immediately with soap and water.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. It is important to keep all of your appointments to receive Etopophos. However, you may need to miss a dose if you experience serious side effects.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.