Lung Cancer Home > Doxorubicin
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking doxorubicin if you have:
- Congestive heart failure (CHF), an irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia), or other heart problems
- A history of low levels of white blood cells in the blood
- Any infection
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Doxorubicin and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Doxorubicin and Breastfeeding).