Lung Cancer Home > Doxorubicin and Weight Gain
Doxorubicin and Weight Gain: SuggestionsIf you are noticing an unexplained weight gain with doxorubicin, there are some things that you can do. Some suggestions include:
- Eating a heart-healthy diet. This diet should include heart-healthy foods, such as:
- Lots of fruits, vegetables, grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
- Lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts.
- Limiting foods with saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, sodium (salt), and added sugars.
- Getting regular physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week.
- Limiting your intake of alcohol.
(Click BMI Calculator to see if your weight is within a healthy range.)