Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment include the following:
- Iressa comes in the form of a tablet. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- This medication can be taken with or without food.
- Try to take your dose at the same time each day to keep an even level of the medicine in your bloodstream.
- People who have difficulty swallowing Iressa can dissolve the tablets in half a glass of water and drink the water. Other liquids should not be used to dissolve the medication.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking Iressa just because you feel better.
The dosage your healthcare provider recommends may vary, depending on other medications you are taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Iressa Dosage for more information.)
Just like any chemotherapy medicine, Iressa can cause side effects, some of which can be significant and potentially serious. In fact, most people will experience some type of side effect during Iressa treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about ways to prevent or lessen reactions to this drug.
Common side effects of Iressa include but are not limited to:
(Click Iressa Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)